Whitbread Group PLC Headquarters Refurbishment
NorWood Consultants were appointed as the clients M&E representatives to help bring to life the vision of a refurbished and significantly upgraded Whitbread Group Plc support centre know as Whitbread Court.
In all 68,000sqft of high-quality space, spread over 3 floors with open plan offices, 900 desks, restaurant, breakout spaces, meeting rooms and an upgraded reception.
Apart from helping to ensure the works happening in a fully occupied building, completed on time, in budget and the design met the clients exacting standards around catering for a restaurant business, the site had to have a welcoming feel to match the Whitbread hospitality standards.
NorWood Consultants provided:
- Mechanical, electrical, builders work and public health Scope of works
- Reviewed all design and build technical submissions
- Undertook weekly site inspections/site monitoring
- Witnessed the testing and commissioning of Mechanical and Electrical services
- Undertook defects inspection
- Restaurant Lighting Design
Challenges & Benefits:
There were a few key challenges to the project such as: –
- Completing the project on time and within budget in a fully occupied building while relocating the reception to a new location keeping the walkways and thoroughfares
Finished Reception Seating area
Finished Restaurant Seating area
Finished Restaurant servery
Restaurant prior Refubishment
Reception Prior Refurbishment
Huw Thomas, Head of Facilities Management for Whitbread Group Plc stated
Without Norwood’s acting as our SME team for services we would have never delivered this upgraded facility into our support centre. It was a high quality and focused delivery project in a fully occupied building so no room for mistakes. Norwood’s engineers really made the difference between functional and brilliant design / delivery and prevented inadvertent services isolations in the wider building.