Preparatory School Retrospective Lighting Planning Application
NorWood Consultants Ltd were appointed by a Prep School from the Berkshire area to review their lighting and provide a report to support a Retrospective Lighting Planning Application. The local authority had requested the Prep School prove that their lighting only served to light their grounds.
The key aim was to ensure that light spill to the local residences had been minimised ensuring the adopted solution has considered the local environment and minimise potential light pollution.
Norwood Consultants provided:
- Lighting calculation proving concept
- Produce report to support a retrospective planning application
Challenges & Benefits:
- There were a few key challenges to the project such as:-
- Risk of Prep School removing their external lighting
- Gathering Raw data for lighting design, some luminaires have been installed for an extensive period
Prep School lighitng design image 1
Prep School lighitng design image 2
Prep School lighitng design image 3
Prep School lighitng design image 4